So, a few days ago I made two owl applique squares for a rag quilt...
I had no real plan, all I knew was that it was going to be for a friend.
Originally, it was just going to be the two owls...then I added a snake and a snail.
They seemed lonely, so I added a whale.
The whale needed another ocean friend, so mr. Octavio joined him. Then came the turtle and the tree...I think that's it. So I will update with some more details of how I made my very first rag quilt with applique. Hope to finish Friday, tomorrows my ten year anniversary, so new sewing.
I simply drew the shapes on some flannel, cut them out and used double-sided interfacing to attach them to the backgrounds. I used machine and hand-stitching to permanently attach them.
Won't it be so cute once it is all together!!