Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Memory Quilts

So, my friend Jen asked me if I could make a quilt out of her kids' baby blankets. I figured, hey, why not? So, I worked out a design, since she likes the cupcakes and ice cream cones, I went with that...but added layer cakes since she is a cake designer.

As usual I started off by measuring and cutting squares, then I used all of the scraps to create the applique and borders. Keep in mind, I used ONLY the materials given to me by Jen, with the exception of some fusible web and thread...and this is what we have come up with as a result. No more wondering how to keep your kids blankets or even their baby clothes that are hard to part with:




Hope you like...and hope you decide that you can put those blankies to good use! Would be great to pass down for generations!

No comments:

Post a Comment