Monday, November 24, 2014

Up-cycled Pumpkins: Frosty the Snowman and Crystal

I saw a cute idea on Pinterest where somebody had made snowmen out of pumpkins painted white. 

When I was a little girl my favorite movie was "Frosty the Snowman." My Grampy used to take care of me, and he watched it with me a million times. 

After one snowfall, we built a snowman together. I was devastated when it didn't come to life. I was a very young and a very determined little girl. I told my Grampy tearfully that it was the wrong hat!! He tried to construct a hat out of black paper to look like his hat in the movie. Still no "Happy Birthday" came out of his mouth.

I can remember that day so clearly, and I'm not quite sure why it has always stuck with me in such a strong way...but I loved my Grampy. So, here are my snowmen here in GA...

No comments:

Post a Comment